Recently the WE-OMC approved OD-551-12 Edition 2, as documented in WE-OMC/309/RV. The
WE-OMC Chair would like to raise the issue that, as far as he has been able to establish, the
process in the Rules of Procedure was not completely followed.
See pages 2 and 3 of this DFA for a detailed explanation and proposals as provided by the WEOMC
1. WE-OMC to confirm that the process as per IECRE 05 §5.4 must be followed.
2. WE-OMC to confirm the decision as documented in WE-OMC/309/RV where this above
procedure was not completely followed.
3. WE-OMC to further clarify how to handle major/technical comments received at the DV stage.
4. WE-OMC to confirm that the ongoing proficiency test on power performance will be finished
according to OD-551-12 Ed1.
5. WE-OMC to take note of the fact that all guidance regarding proficiency testing was removed
from the document.
6. WE-OMC to confirm the planned development of an OD to give further guidance (step a under
IECRE 05 §5.4).
NOTE: USNC/IECRE ballots to be submitted within two weeks to allow for resolution of any comments prior to the IEC deadline.