starts on 25 September, 2019 ends on 25 October, 2019
Should the US vote to approve Recommendation A3 from the WG 004 report REMC/370/R for a Marketing and Promotion Officer in the Executive Group?
IECRE will eventually establish vision, mission, and value statements. In addition, marketing and promotion has been identified one of the most urgent areas of improvement for the IECRE, but possibly as well for all of the IEC CA System.
The IECRE WG004 TOR includes the following points:
• Develop and propose vision and mission statements as well as a comprehensive, holistic IECRE strategy
• Promote IECRE services and educate stakeholders with information that is relevant to the specific target audience
• Represent IECRE at relevant stakeholder groups, including conferences, associations and regulators
In its 16 September 2019 WG meeting in Tempe, AZ, USA, the participating WG004 members have identified the following areas of improvements:
• It appears that there is low brand and industry awareness of IECRE and of the certification products. It is uncertain whether this is a function of being a member-based organization, where the focus is on the members rather than the organization.
• Neither IEC nor IECRE appears to have any prominence within the web sites of key stakeholders.
Given the role of WG004, its impact on the market perception, and the need for IECRE to become more market driven to avoid recurring failures as in the PV sector and to generate more certificate volume it is recommended that
• The convener of WG004 will become part of the Executive Group according to section 8.2. of IEC CA01:2018
• The Officers of the IEC CA system according to section 8.1. of IEC CA01:2018 be strengthened by a adding the position of Marketing and Promotion Officer
Refer to the WG 004 report REMC/370/R for further details.
NOTE: This recommendation will be discussed and voted upon at the REMC meeting in Feldkirch, Austria 2019-11-18.
NOTE: USNC/IECRE ballots are to be submitted within thirty days to allow for resolution of any comments prior to the IEC deadline.