When starting the IEC 62934 from SC8A some future collaboration with TC1 for relevant IEV parts revision was
planned. IEC 62934 CDV has been recently approved.
In 2018 TC8 plenary WG1 activity report was presented by Mr Ajay Garg and Gunnar Kaestle and two decisions
• DECISION 2018/8: TC8 approve starting the revision of IEV part 691 by WG1 and register as a
maintenance item on TC8 PoW (project Leader: Ajay Garg).
• DECISION 2018/9: TC8 approve starting the revision of IEV part 601 by WG1 and register as a
maintenance item on TC8 PoW (Project Leader: Gunnar Kaestle).
At the same time, TC8 and TC1 were in touch for the terminology coordination needs.
Therefore, two RRs (8/1542/RR and 8/1543/RR) has been issued.
New discussion in progress in TC8 WG1 and the new evolution in TC8 structure (e.g. new SC8C) may require
additional terminologies with impacts on IEV. In particular amendments on IEC 60050-602:1983, IEC 60050-
603:1986, IEC 60050-605:1983, IEC 60050-614:2016, IEC 60050-617:2009 has been already approved inside
TC8 WG1 and presented to TC1.
Finally, the new terms impact on current IEC 60050-691:1973 ED1 with IEC 60050-691:1973/AMD1:2019 ED1
was strongly reduced, therefore transform the current edition 2 project in an amendment is better option.
National Committees are kindly requested to approve:
1. A new project for amendment 1 of IEC 60050-602 (RR will be issued by TC8).
2. A new project for the amendment 2 of IEC 60050-603 (RR will be issued by TC8).
3. A new project for the amendment 1 of IEC 60050-605 (RR will be issued by TC8).
4. A new project for the amendment 1 of IEC 60050-614 (RR will be issued by TC8).
5. A new project for the edition 2 of IEC 60050-617:2009 (RR will be issued by TC8), in this last case
amendment is not possible because 3 amendments has been already done.
6. A new project for the amendment 2 of IEC 60050-691, by transforming current edition 2 project.